Position Title: Setup Machinist
Reports To: Production Manager
To Apply: Email resume to [email protected] – Cover Letter optional.
We are looking for a Skilled Lathe Programmer/Setup Machinist as either Full-time OR Part-Time depending on the candidate. Specifics beyond the job description is the need to increase productivity of existing programs and tooling choices, as well as program and release new products. This could be a great position for someone looking for additional income as either part time evening or weekend work. If interested in Full-Time this position would include production machining in addition to programming and setup. Fagor and/or Mazatrol programming a plus.
Salary Commiserate with experience
The following job description is not an inclusive list and contributions should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. As this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit neither the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is Kabuki Strength’s expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled duties to maintain complex manufacturing, production and process equipment. Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies equipment and systems where knowledge of interrelationships among various supporting processes and components is essential.
- Implements new processes and process improvements with some direction and guidance of the programmer and production manager, proving out these processes.
- Responsible for maintaining the operational capability of assigned equipment and processes.
- Works from limited documentation as required. May provide work guidance to lower level technicians and/or machine operators.
- Updates and maintains document coordination.
- May mentor and train new team members.
- Conducts time and motion studies.
- Uses quality and problem-solving skills to minimize machine downtime, improve process flow.
- Implements the Quality Policy and Procedures in all aspects of daily duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
- May participate in defining strategies to meet quality objectives and in system reviews within the team.
- Participates in team meetings as required (safety, problem solving, etc.).
- May participate in Kabuki’s selection process.
- Problem-solves individually or as part of a group as job duties require. May lead problem-solving activities of team.
- May be required to work overtime.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER