Apply via LinkedIn here, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a portfolio/book of work. Feel free to add any additional information in your application email as to why you would be a good fit for this position.
Don't hesitate to apply even if you don't perfectly fit the required/preferred skills listed below! Your work will speak for itself and this position could be a great opportunity to turn your passion for video production to the career level. Although this position is on-site at our facility in Portland, Oregon - please apply if you are interested in this role and willing to relocate to the wonderful Pacific Northwest to work and train with us at Kabuki Strength Lab (our public training facility at company headquarters)
Kabuki Strength is looking to hire a talented, professional, and passionate video production manager to lead our content marketing development and digital product development efforts. The ideal candidate would have a portfolio showing their experience and skill in high-quality, platform-specific marketing content preferably (but not required) in the fitness domain. You will be working with our team of in-house coaches/educators as well as marketing to create impactful and professional video assets for promoting our products (barbells & strength equipment) and digital coaching/education services.
Kabuki Strength is an organization devoted to optimizing human performance through biomechanically-sound barbells and strength equipment combined with research-based strength education and coaching services.
- Full Time/ Salary Commensurate with Experience starting at $60,000/year
- In-person role, must be local to Portland, OR metro area or willing to relocate
- Fitness industry experience preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in video production, with a strong portfolio of work showcasing a range of styles and formats
- Knowledge of video production equipment, including cameras, lighting, and sound equipment
- High level of skill and experience in FCPX or Premier for production
- Familiarity with video production best practices, including lighting, sound, and framing techniques.
- A strong portfolio of work showcasing a range of styles and formats
- Vertical short-form social media content including transitions, effects, annotations, and platform-specific techniques (IG, TikTok)
- Traditional longer form, both shorter, more promotional “sizzle” content and longer form organic content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Preferred Skills (non-required)
Please specify and share details if you have experience with any of the following:
- The Kabuki Strength brand (either as a customer or follower)
- Fitness industry experience (professionally or personally)
- Management and leadership
- Social media management
- YouTube content
- Podcast production
- Cover art or graphic design including typography, still, and illustration elements
- Still photography
Strategy & Management
- Work with Chief Marketing Officer and content team to develop brand video strategies, standards, and processes.
- Manage video production team (currently 1 FTE) to meet business needs
- Conceptualize, script, and produce high-quality video content that aligns with the organization's goals, target audience, and brand creative standards.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders to develop and implement video production plans
- Manage all aspects of the video production process, including pre-production planning, location scouting, filming, post-production editing, and final delivery
- Along with our Director of Education and Head Coach, maintain a production schedule, ensuring that all projects are prioritized and completed on time
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in video production on various platforms, and recommend new tools and techniques as appropriate
- Manage and maintain all video production equipment, ensuring that it is in good working condition and properly maintained
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to develop strategies for promoting and distributing video content across various channels
- Be available as-needed for travel with our team of coaches/educators to off-site course and events to film
Compensation and Benefits
- Exempt, salaried W2 employee
- Salary Commensurate with Experience starting at $60,000/year
- 3 weeks of PTO, Major Holidays
- Company-sponsored optional health insurance (subsidized)
- Free gym membership, 1-on-1 strength coaching at-cost ($100/mo)
- Work from home on Fridays