The Transformer Bar is a patent-pending, design-engineered, multi-function specialty barbell which allows for adjustment in the weight's center of mass relative to the lifter's body; changing loading mechanics, movement dynamics, and training effect. It is purpose-built for easy use in both professional (athletic, clinical), commercial, and home gym settings. No other training bar comes close to matching the versatility of use and application as the Transformer Bar.
- New Spring-Pin Adjustment Mechanism allows for quick angle changes without removing the weight bracket as in previous iterations of the bar
- Improved sleeve design allows for quicker difficulty adjustment and can be inserted from outside (Made in Oregon - Kabuki variant only)
- Black powder-coated center bar and handles for high corrosion resistance
- Color-coded labels for quick positional adjustments
- Wider 54" center bar for fitment with all racks
- Branded pad cover features "Transformer Bar" name and our iconic Kabuki squat face branding along with a Made in the USA stamp.
The Transformer Bar features two simple adjustment mechanisms for modifying camber angle and distance from center, for a total of 24 unique angle/difficulty combinations. Durable polyurethane labels on the bar visually indicate each position (camber angle) and difficulty (distance from center). This bar was designed for simple use by individuals that have no prior experience with the bar.
The spring-pin mechanism allows for 6 positions with 30 degrees of variance between them. These fixed positions replicate common squat movement patterns including:
- Hip Hinge - Ideal for good mornings and teaching hinge patterning
- Back Squat - Low Bar
- Back Squat - High Bar
- SSB - For use like a traditional safety squat bar
- Front Squat - Load counterbalancing similar to a front squat
- Goblet Squat - Similar to a kettlebell goblet squat
The second adjustment mechanism allows for modifying the position of the weight sleeve, or distance between the center of mass of the weight and the bar on the lifter's back. The color-coded label on the weight bracket allows for easy changes to increase or decrease difficulty in any of the 6 common angle positions. Sleeves can easily be adjusted from the outside of the bar (Made in Oregon variant only).