The strength and fitness industry has for too long been dominated by overly-tan, annoyingly-loud YouTube celebrities with less than factual content, aka broscience. Tune in to Strength Chat – hosted by a group of Coaches and Athletes with over 60 years of combined experience – as they talk fact, science, and strength with world-renowned strength, conditioning, and rehab professionals.
Joe DeFranco is a world-renowned strength coach whose list of accolades is far too long to list in this brief description. He is the founder and owner of the world-famous DeFranco’s Gym. For the past two decades, athletes from around the world have hired Joe because of his remarkable ability to improve strength, speed, power, mobility, agility and sport-specific endurance. Joe’s training techniques have been featured in and on ESPN, Spike TV, NFL Network, WWE Network, Men’s Health Magazine, Men’s Fitness Magazine and in the NY Times best-selling book, The 4-Hour Body. His resume includes NFL players from all 32 teams, MLB & NBA players, WWE superstars, UFC fighters, Olympic athletes and high school & college All-Americans.
Tune in as the Mad Scientist, Dr. Rudolph, and The Wizard of Training sit down and talk shop with Joe DeFranco!
- Introduction and background of guest [2:56]
- Joe talks about his five year stint at the Parisi Speed School [6:38]
- Joe talks of his current focus which is training trainers, additional coaches, and aspiring gym owners [12:37]
- Learn about the excellent facilities at the Parisi Speed School and their results [14:11]
- Following business principles in order to achieve success [19:28]
- We talk about the various scholarships for high school kids who excel in jumping and speed training [21:13]
- Can learning about bio-mechanics help increase running, sprinting and training speed? [24:43]
- Understanding the concept of “Mass Specific Force” [25:25]
- Be careful to avoid unnecessary changes in training habits [29:23]
- Setting up ideal drills for the right body movement for higher speeds [32:57]
- Joe talks about the inspirations behind his training approach and methodology [37:30]
- Learn to adopt and manage technology for maximized results [46:45]
- Making the training athlete specific for greater results [49:15]
- Joe reminisces about the time he spend training with WWE and other professional sports athletes [50:45]
- Joe shares his contact information [57:13]