The strength and fitness industry has for too long been dominated by overly-tan, annoyingly-loud YouTube celebrities with less than factual content, aka broscience. Tune in to Strength Chat – hosted by a group of Coaches and Athletes with over 60 years of combined experience – as they talk fact, science, and strength with world-renowned strength, conditioning, and rehab professionals.
You’ve all probably seen a video of Tony on IG or social media somewhere – he’s a badass former Marine, ex-SWAT and Narcotics Officer who currently specializes in high-performance tactical training for athletes and LE/Military alike.
Tony came down to the Lab for a weekend of shooting, training, and general badassery!
Our hosts sit down with Tony in-person to discuss his unique training methodologies, plans for the future, and everything in-between. Make sure to tune in, share with your friends, and check out some of the other cool content we’ve published from Tony’s trip to the Lab.
- Introduction and background of guest [05:15]
- Discussing Tony’s hybrid program which consists of MMA, conditioning, agility and strength training [07:20]
- Defining a hybrid athlete [10:29]
- Evaluating and starting off with a new client [11:07]
- Building up endurance without compromising an athlete’s strength [11:47]
- What is the most challenging aspect of Mike’s training? [13:19]
- Dealing with athletes who work long shifts [14:41]
- What are some of the deficiencies that you run into while training athletes? [15:53]
- Designing different recovery regimens [17:52]
- Learning why it is important to do cardio via MMA and Jujitsu [19:58]
- Real world less than ideal movements challenge police officers and firefighters [21:40]
- Analyzing fitness standards for police officers and firefighters [24:54]
- Controlling your breathing and learning to shoot in high stress conditions [28:51]
- Tony shares some freak incidents that he has run into during his law enforcement career [37:37]
- Important for law enforcement officers to disassociate from work [39:43]
- Tony shares his life’s philosophy [43:12]
- Critical to apply your knowledge in the real world [45:31]
- Tony gives advice for people who are planning on taking up a career in law enforcement [48:11]
- Important for military officers and law enforcement officers to have the right mindset [51:26]
- Tony urges listeners to check out his forthcoming YouTube video [01:00:38]
- Tony shares his contact information [01:01:03]