The strength and fitness industry has for too long been dominated by overly-tan, annoyingly-loud YouTube celebrities with less than factual content, aka broscience. Tune in to Strength Chat – hosted by a group of Coaches and Athletes with over 60 years of combined experience – as they talk fact, science, and strength with world-renowned strength, conditioning, and rehab professionals.
Today’s guest is author, coach, and well known meathead Paul Carter! Paul owns and operates his own company Lift Run Bang and produces content for various platforms like T-Nation, EliteFTS, and Flex Magazine as well as his own. He is the co-author of the Maximum Muscle Bible and just recently released his Super Soldier Protocol. Paul is actually coming down to the Lab for a seminar he is hosting along with Christian Thibaudeau in August!
Great episode with lots of talk about gains in the gym and in life.
As always, please share, like, subscribe, and leave a review if you enjoy our show!
- Introduction and background of guest [00:18]
- Paul shares his Super Soldier protocol [13:32]
- Learn about Paul’s training philosophy [14:20]
- How did Paul gravitate towards a long term sustainable training approach? [15:37]
- “What you eat and not how much you eat is important” [19:28]
- If you have bad skin, what does it indicate? [21:26]
- Discussing how eating right has far greater benefits than simple cosmetic changes [22:43]
- How does your body react to carbohydrate depletion? [25:27]
- Does your libido have a bearing on your training quality? [26:15]
- The importance of taking care of your gut health [27:38]
- How does an athlete determine the right diet? [28:43]
- What is the right diet for men with an overly estrogenic look? We talk about controlling your carbs and insulin [29:47]
- What is the right diet for naturally lean men? [30:46]
- Are there any benefits to fasting? [33:41]
- Discussing the importance of maintaining the right levels of Vitamin D [38:24]
- The importance of monitoring Sodium levels in your diet [40:54]
- Is there a difference in Sodium quality? [43:08]
- Learn about Paul’s varied food experiments [45:36]
- What are the various markers for determining the quality of good intake? Paul talks about being cognizant about your bowel moment [46:36]
- What are the benefits of having a Kiwi everyday? [49:30]
- Is having artificial sweeteners really bad for you? [52:19]
- What are the benefits of taking intermittent training breaks? [57:50]
- Learn how managing stress can help you stay in optimum shape [01:00:44]
- Get in touch with Paul through Facebook or Instagram [01:07:00]